Salient Features of the Project
|Grant / Loan Numbers||TF Loan 13557 & TF Grant 13665|
|Project Implementation Start Date||1 March 2013|
|Effectiveness Date||20 June 2013|
|Project Implementation End Date||30 July 2018|
|Expected Closing Date||December 2019|
|Borrower||Government of Nepal|
|Responsible Agency (for components A, B, and C)||Department of Hydrology and MeteorologyContact: Dr. Rishi Ram Sharma, Director GeneralTelephone No.: (977-1) 425-6193Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Total project cost||$31.30 M|
|World Bank||$ 31 M|
|Government of Nepal||$0.30 M|
|The loan has a final maturity of 40 years, including a grace period of 10 years. The Service Charge payable by the Borrower is equal to one-tenth of one percent per annum.|
The components of the BRCH project are as follows.
|Components||Cost (USD Millions)|
|Institutional Strengthening, Capacity Building and Implementation Support of DHM||5.10|
|Modernization of the Observation Infrastructure and Forecasting||16.75|
|Enhancement of the Service Delivery System of DHM||3.45|
|Creation of an Agriculture Management Information System|
Status Update of Project Activities (30 Sep, 2018)
- Reconstruction & Refurbishment of DHM Office Building(ICB No: PPCR/DHM/W/ICB-10) is going on. Frame structural work of the building has been completed. Overall progress of building construction is 62% of total work. Compliance monitoring of site specific ESMP is being conducted regularly.
- Upgrading of Surface Meteorological Network (Supply, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning) is going on. Environment and social requirements for each station are under way and will be completed before starting the installation activity.
- Regarding Technical Re-equipment of Hydrological Network and Special Equipment for Hydrological Stations(Supply, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning); Real Time Solution (RTS) Pvt. Ltd. J/V Waves Group Pvt. Ltd. has completed installation of 38 Hydrological stations. Environment and social requirements for each station are under way and will be completed before starting the installation activity.
- Installation of Upper-Air Radiosonde has been completed. Construction of infrastructure (approach road, store, water tank etc.) is going on.
- Tower installation work for Weather Radar at Ratanangla has been completed.
- For the procurement of High Power Computer for NWP, DHM has signed contract with ESS Weather Tech Pvt. Ltd. on 5 July, 2018.
- Regarding establishment of “End to End FEWS in Koshi and West Rapti Basins to Support and Strengthening Disaster Risk Management” consulting firm has submitted Operational and Commissioning Report to DHM.
- ICT Infrastructure and Data Management Consultant: Real Time Solution, under the guidance of DHM is taking care of the system of ICT Infrastructure and Data Management at NITC, Singhdurbar.
- RFP for Implementing and Commissioning of High Resolution Local Area Numerical Weather Prediction System at DHM is under evaluation.
- DHM has signed contract for Hydro-Meteorological Workstation and Automated Production System with MFI on 1 Aug, 2018 which is under implementation.
- Re-EoI notice will be published for Development and Operationalization of Forecast Verification System
- Bid evaluation for Establishment of Weather Presentation System (supply, installation and commissioning) is going on.
- Bid evaluation for Establishment of Laboratory to Calibrate Meteorological Equipment (supply, installation and commissioning) going on.
- RFP for Development, Implementation and Commission of Public Web Service for DHM has been issued to Info Developers, Nepal and will be opened on 14 Oct, 2018.